iVenture is a forward thinking, innovative and growing private Managed Services Provider with offices in Jacksonville, Orlando, and Tampa. We deliver premium IT services and solutions to clients who understand the importance and value of technology to their business. We are a leader in our industry and have been a Best Place to Work since 2008.
Our Windows Project Engineers design, implement and support advanced Windows server, application, and network technologies. You will assist with project scope development and migrate data and server applications. The role is ideal for fast-paced, detailed driven, eager to learn IT professionals with a focus on great customer service to both our staff and external clients. Success in this position requires solid technical depth with Windows servers and applications, and migration procedures.
Please note: we are not a recruiter or placement service.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, install, and support Microsoft Windows server technologies (Server 2008 R2/2012), related server applications, and virtualization technologies
- Configure network equipment (switch, firewall, routers)
- Perform system and network migrations, owning all aspects of data and application migrations for 10-250 user networks.
- Organize and execute server, application and data migration projects, ranging from 2 days – 8 weeks
- Interact with team members and clients regularly on technology design and planning, project scopes, iVenture accepted practices, and issue resolution
- High level of knowledge on one or more specialized technologies, such as messaging, databases, VDI, virtualization, etc.
- Work remotely (40% from our office) and onsite (60% at our local client locations)
- Typical Week: 70% server/network projects, 20% design, support escalations and root cause, 5% training and 5% admin/meetings
Perks of working here:
- Competitive salary
- iVenture pays for 60% of your health premiums and 100% of your dental and vision premiums
- We match 4% on your 401K
- Paid Time Off Benefits - 3 weeks for your first year, 4 weeks on your second year
- Free unlimited workouts at fitness studios
- Quarterly employee/family outings as well as monthly in office team events
- Fully equipped game room
- Mileage reimbursement
- Work/life balance with a focus on a 40 hour workweek
- Super cool technology – pre-release software, virtual lab, never a dull technology day
- iVenture is rated by its employees as a “Best Place to Work” and has a strong culture and exceptional core values
You are a great candidate if you have.....
- Bachelor’s Degree , business related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years supporting current windows desktop technologies and client/server applications in a windows based network environment. Specifics include:
- Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013 (or other enterprise mail systems)
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP network fundamentals and related equipment (switches, routers, etc.)
- Virtualization experience required (VMWare preferred)
- All current Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (XP/7/8)
- Experience with VDI technologies required (XenApp/RDS or other virtual desktop infrastructure)
- Flexibility to accommodate after-hours and weekend client and team member needs
- Valid driver’s license and insurance with reliable transportation. This position will require frequent travel (mostly local but some in state travel will also be needed)
- Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal, employment, credit and motor vehicle background check
- Drug-free and non-smoker. Smoking is prohibited at all client sites and iVenture offices