iVenture is a forward thinking, innovative and growing private Managed Services Provider with offices in Jacksonville, Orlando, and Tampa. We deliver premium IT services and solutions to clients who understand the importance and value of technology to their business. We are a leader in our industry and have been a Best Place to Work since 2008. We are growing like crazy and are seeking a Windows Systems Administrator to join our team based out of our Jacksonville office.
The Windows Systems Administrator supports Windows server technologies and handles Tier 2 escalations from our help desk.Successful candidates will have experience with current Windows server and desktop technologies, virtualization platforms, and provide fast and friendly customer support.The role is ideal for fast-paced, detailed driven, eager to learn IT professionals with a focus on great customer service to both our staff and external clients. Success in this position requires solid technical depth with Windows Servers and applications.
- Support Microsoft Windows server technologies (Server 2008 R2/2012) operating systems, Exchange, DNS and Active Directory, and virtualization platforms.
- Monitor performance of Windows server and server applications, identify root-cause and resolve issues.
- Monitor network performance and resolve issues such as internet bandwidth problems, ISP issues and firewall / router changes.
- Provide Tier 2 desktop and application support, including new user setups, line of business application support, and hosted application support.
- Produce, maintains and update technical documentation.
- Typical Week: 30% Windows server support, 50% escalated desktop/app support, 10% network support, 5% training and 5% admin/meetings
What’s In It for You?
- Competitive salary
- 401K w/4% match
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Excellent Paid Time Off Benefits and holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Super cool technology – pre-release software, virtual lab, never a dull technology day
- iVenture is rated by employees as a “Best Place to Work” with a strong culture and exceptional core values
- Bachelor’s Degree, business related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- 2+ year(s) supporting current windows server and desktop technologies, and client/server applications in a windows based network environment. Specifics include:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2 and Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013 (or enterprise mail systems)
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- All current Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (Vista/7/8)
- Experience with XenApp/RDS or other VDI technologies preferred, but not required.
- Experience with LAN and WAN technology and firewalls (Cisco/SonicWALL)
- Microsoft Certified Professional Status (MCSE or MCITP) preferred
- Valid driver’s license and insurance with reliable transportation. This position will require infrequent local travel.
- Drug-free and non-smoker. Smoking is prohibited at all client sites and iVenture offices
- Flexibility to accommodate after-hours and weekend client and team member needs
- Participation in a 1 week 24x7 on-call backup rotation, approximately every 2-3 months