Our Windows Systems Engineer supports Windows server and network technologies and handles escalations from their team and clients. Successful candidates will have experience with current Windows server and network technologies, virtualization platforms, and provide fast and friendly customer support.
The role is ideal for fast-paced, detailed driven, eager to learn IT professionals with a focus on great customer service to both our staff and external clients. Success in this position requires solid technical depth with Windows Servers and applications.
iVenture is a forward thinking, innovative and growing private Managed Services Provider. Employee development is fostered and supported in a continuous learning environment. We provide a virtual lab with pre-release software so that our team is always current with the latest technology.
- Support Microsoft Windows server technologies (Server 2008 R2/2012) operating systems, Exchange, DNS and Active Directory, and virtualization platforms
- Install and configure Windows server and related technologies, virtualization platforms, and network components as needed to complete client projects
- Provide escalation support to System Administrators including server, network, desktop, and line of business/hosted application support
- Monitor performance of Windows server and server applications, identify root-cause and resolve issues
- Resolve network performance issues (internet bandwidth problems, ISP issues and firewall / router issues)
- Produce and maintain detailed technical and training documentation
- Typical week: 40% Windows server/network support, 20% server/network projects, 20% escalated desktop/app support, 10% overflow coverage for sys admins/team lead, 5% admin/meetings, 5% training.
- Bachelor’s Degree , business related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years supporting current windows server technologies and client/server applications in a windows based network environment. Specifics include:
- Microsoft Windows Server and Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013 (or enterprise mail systems)
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- All current Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (XP/7/8)
- LAN/WAN technologies and related equipment (switches, routers, etc.)
- Hands-on exposure with XenApp/RDS or other VDI technologies
- Extensive hands-on experience with Windows 2008 R2/2012 Server, Exchange 2003/2007 or 2010 and Windows XP/7/8 including maintenance and support
- Experience with LAN and WAN technology and firewalls (Cisco/SonicWALL)
- Valid driver’s license and insurance with reliable transportation. This position will require infrequent local travel.
- Drug-free and non-smoker. Smoking is prohibited at all client sites and iVenture offices
- Flexibility to accommodate after-hours and weekend client and team member needs
- Participation in a 2 week 24x7 on-call backup rotation, approximately every 2-3 months
What’s In It for You?
- Competitive salary
- 401K with a 4% company match
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Excellent Paid Time Off benefits and holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Super cool technology – pre-release software, virtual lab, never a dull technology day
- iVenture has been rated by its employees as a “Best Place to Work” and has a strong culture and exceptional core values