The Jr. Software Engineer position is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining software to established standards and specifications. This includes coding, testing, debugging, documenting and installing both new programs/technologies and changes to existing programs/technologies.
- Review, maintain and improve existing applications
- Translate business requirements from staff into software specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Actively participate in the creation and maintenance of application documentation
- Work closely with technical and non-technical staff to meet development and business requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Whats in It for You?
- Competitive salary
- 401K w/4% match
- Health, dental, vision
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Continual development: Paid certification, testing and training materials
- Super cool technology – pre-release software, virtual lab, never a dull technology day
- iVenture is rated by employees as a “Best Place to Work” with a strong culture and exceptional core values.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- Experience with Microsoft technologies
- Familiar with REST and SOAP APIs
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience with source control
- Familiarity with Agile software methodology
- Creative and resourceful when faced with unknown technologies to integrate into existing business processes
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems
- Must be motivated, detail oriented, and highly organized
- Desire to learn new platforms/languages as projects require
- Ability to adapt to changing priority
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and insurance with reliable transportation.
- Drug-free and non-smoker. Smoking is prohibited at all client sites and iVenture office